Voice Messaging Service
General Voice Messaging Service is available for Standard Dial Tone (Centrex service) and Business Line customers throughout the state. General VMS is not for use with Hosted Voice Service.
Based on electronic voice mailboxes, VMS is a monthly service which requires no on-site equipment.
Refer to the Memory Call User Guide 2016 for detailed information regarding voicemail offerings and programming.
- 225.219.5542 (Supervisor)
Voice Messaging Service provides the ability to:
- Answer a busy or unanswered telephone with a subscriber-recorded greeting. The caller may leave a message, hang up, or possibly be redirected.
- Handle multiple calls to one number simultaneously.
- Retrieve messages from any touchtone telephone anywhere in the world. Once retrieved, messages can be played, saved, replayed, and/or deleted. Retrieved messages can also be forwarded to another subscriber with an introductory message.
- Receive an audible (stutter dial tone) or visual message waiting indicator to notify the subscriber that there is an unheard message waiting in the mailbox.
- Create a voice message and send it to another voice mail subscriber's mailbox.
- Create an outgoing distribution list to send a voice mail message to all of the members of the distribution list. This permits the subscriber to record a single voice message which will be heard as recorded by all members of the distribution list. Confirmation of receipt or non-receipt may be requested.
- Create shared sub mailboxes with up to four sub mailboxes in conjunction with a standard mailbox. Each sub mailbox has its own unique, personal greeting and its own employee password. There is no charge for sub mailboxes and they share a total storage capacity of 100 Mb.
All mailboxes are protected by two methods: Authentication Code and PIN protected. The Authentication Code will allow users to reset the mailbox PIN in the event it is lost or forgotten. Should the PIN be entered incorrectly, the user will be prompted for the Authentication Code which will allow for a PIN reset. OTS can have the Authentication Code reset should the previous mailbox owner leave the agency or there are issues with resetting a PIN. Authentication Code reset requires the voicemail box to be removed and reissued which will delete all messages currently in the mailbox. Refer to the Memory Call Users Guide 2016 for more information.
- Basic Memory Call--Provides a message-taking mailbox with 100 Mb of storage, which depending on the length of the messages could accommodate up to 100 messages.
- Announcement Only--Offers information to callers. Information is recorded by the agency and can be changed at any time. Examples of recorded information could be routine items such as office hours, office location, and mailing address. It could be information about what services are available, qualifications for eligibility, or instructions on how to apply for services. It could also be status information such as the date checks were mailed, final date to apply, or information about a one-time offering. Recorded messages are limited to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Exit Out--Press "0" to be transferred to an attendant or other answering point.
- Outcall Notification (Message Notification)--Available to either to a cell phone or pager, this option can be turned off and on whenever desired.
- Pager Option--system will send a page as an alert there is a new message in the mailbox. The user can call the platform and follow the prompts to retrieve the message.
- Cell Phone Option--System will send a SMS text message to notify the user there is a new message in the mailbox. The user can call the platform and follow the prompts to retrieve the message. This includes the Call Back Now (Live Reply) option, which allows the user to return the phone call by selecting a designated key on the cell phone. (This option may not be available on all calls.)
|Basic Memory Call (100 Mb)
| 10 minute
|Authentication Code Reset
A Support Service fee of 0.5% shall be applied to the monthly cost of these services.
To order any type of Voice Messaging Services for Standard Dial Tone (Centrex) and Business Line customers, complete the General Voice Messaging Order Form (OTS-7). Changes to service such as Authentication Code Reset, Exit Out Feature updates, etc., also require the General Voice Messaging Order Form (OTS-7). The agency TC must approve the form before sending it to OTS. The full and accurate completion of the form will help to minimize delays in the delivery of service. This form is not for use with Hosted Voice Service.