In accordance with Administrative Rules and Regulations, Title 4, Part IX Telecommunications, it is the responsibility of all state agencies to appoint one or more Telecommunications Coordinators who are recognized as the agency's authorized representatives for approving and coordinating telecommunications activities.
OTS maintains a file of all TCs throughout the state which includes the name, title, mailing address, telephone number and geographic authority of each TC. Each TC should report any changes in this information to the OTS EUC Knowledge Management Section Manager. If a TC leaves a state agency or no longer serves in that capacity, a new coordinator should promptly be appointed, and the OTS EUC Knowledge Management Section Manager should be notified in writing of this change; the Telecommunications Coordinator Appointment/Update Form (OTS-11) may be used for this purpose.
Telecommunications Coordinator Responsibilities
- Assuming responsibility for all agency requests for modifications to existing telecommunications equipment, systems or services. This responsibility consists of, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing all communications requests within the agency to ensure compliance with the standards outlined in the Telecommunications Administrative Rules and Regulations and the Louisiana Administrative Code.
- Determining the need for and approving or disapproving requests for service and equipment in compliance with the Telecommunications Administrative Rules and Regulations.
- Forwarding all approved requests for service to OTS, on appropriate forms, to obtain final approval.
- Coordinating with OTS for the acquisition of new telecommunications systems or services. Coordination consists of, but is not limited to:
- Notifying OTS of any new projects or programs or alterations to existing projects or programs which would require the acquisition of new telecommunications systems or services.
- Informing OTS of planning sessions which would affect the design of a new telecommunications system.
- Forwarding copies of studies and plans related to the telecommunications requirements of the project to OTS.
- Submitting any additional information to facilitate determination of the type of telecommunications system required.
- Providing notification that sufficient funds have been budgeted for the new telecommunications systems.
- Approving equipment specifications prepared by OTS.
- Attending, when scheduled, pre-bid conferences to provide additional information to vendors.
- Developing a program for ongoing review of telecommunications services and expenditures to ensure that unnecessary expenditures are eliminated and that a proper level of service is being provided.
- Advising OTS of any significant discrepancies in telecommunications systems or services provided by any supplier of these services.
- Evaluating the use of telecommunications services by the agency to identify the need for instruction and/or training and forwarding recommendations to OTS, who will assist the agency in meeting those needs.
- Submitting current telephone listings for the agency to be included in all public telephone directories in the state as well as the state government telephone directory.
- Attending the TC Orientation training and other workshops to learn and stay abreast of new technology, changes in OTS' method of operation and new services offered.