Published: April 13, 2021
This policy applies solely to the direct use of doa.louisiana.gov.
The primary function of this website is to provide the residents, partners and local government entities of Louisiana with information and direct links to the public services offered by the agencies and offices within state government.
As you navigate doa.louisiana.gov you will see links that, when clicked, take you directly to resources or websites hosted outside of the doa.louisiana.gov website. These resources or websites will have their own individual privacy policies. Some of these policies will be similar to the doa.louisiana.gov policies, while others will be specifically tailored to the interactions available through that website. While the large majority of the links hosted by doa.louisiana.gov directly connect you to other state, federal or local government resources or websites, some links directly connect to websites or resources being provided by third parties, such as social media.
Even though data privacy and information security are critical priorities for every Louisiana state agency, we still strongly recommend you read the site policies for each site you visit.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Children younger than 13 are not eligible to use services that require submission of personal information and should not submit any personal information to doa.louisiana.gov. If you are a child younger than 13, you can use these services only if used together with your parents or guardians. Seek guidance from your parents or guardians if you are younger than 13.
Collection of Information
The doa.louisiana.gov website collects information by the following processes:
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Google Analytics
- Provides us with how and when you linked to doa.louisiana.gov; searches you initiated; and things you clicked on
- Provides us with your IP address; the type of browser and operating system you used; and the pages you requested and visited
- Google Analytics
- When you visit or interact with doa.louisiana.gov, we or our authorized service providers use persistent cookies solely to provide you with a better, faster and safer experience.
- Security Monitoring
- All state systems employ various security mechanisms for monitoring and protecting our systems from attempted or actual improper use or intrusion. By using doa.louisiana.gov, you accept the use of such security monitoring and the state reserves the right to use any legally appropriate measures to prevent and investigate any individual attempting to modify, deface, delete, abuse or otherwise inappropriately use doa.louisiana.gov.
- Except for authorized security event response and law enforcement investigations, no attempt is made to discover the identity of individual users.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide
- Contact Email
- When emailing agency contacts, you should supply the minimum amount of information required to provide a description of the purpose of your message and enough contact information to be reached.
- Online Forms
- Contact Email
Use of Information
- How your information will be used
- We automatically collect information to improve the content of our web services and to help us understand how our services are being used. This information does not identify you personally and is used for gathering website statistics. The information we automatically collect and store in our logs about your visit helps us analyze our website to continually improve the value of the materials available. Our website logs do not identify a visitor by personal information, and we make no attempt to link other websites with the individuals who browse our website.
- The information you voluntarily submit will be disclosed only to state employees or officials, or those under contract with the state, on a “need-to-know basis” for purposes of fulfilling their job responsibilities. The information will be used for such purposes as answering your questions; responding to any requests for assistance; generating summary statistics about usage; auditing applications and detecting fraud; aiding in the planning, design and development of doa.louisiana.gov; and fulfilling any legal obligations.
- How your information will not be used
- No information collected through doa.louisiana.gov will be used for financial gain, or for any other advertising or marketing purposes. The state will not sell, lease or distribute any information to any third party unless required by state or federal law.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers to signal their preference regarding potential tracking by third party websites. While the United States Federal Trade Commission has endorsed DNT, this site does not currently support DNT codes. However, except as otherwise disclosed herein, this site limits tracking to the internal uses described above. This site does not track your use across multiple websites; however, other websites to which we link may track your use. Please review privacy policies when you visit other websites to understand how you may be tracked.
This site and systems used to support this site comply with Louisiana’s Information Security Policy.
Updates and Changes